Letters of recommendation can be tough to write but are an essential requirement for employees leaving your business. Y
It is important to give their performance and time with your company due diligence but often finding the right words can escape you.
Follow these simple guidelines to an easy recommendation:
- Refer to their particular job description in preparation – this puts you in a good starting place – knowing exactly what it is that they did
- Think of instances where they performed particularly well and reference those as examples – real life stories always win
- Always use positive language and never write about negative issues or elements
- Find out about the employee’s recognitions over the years – awards, certificates, accolades – mention the circumstances behind them and the work that they put in to achieve them
- Always proofread the letter a couple of times before finishing and end off on a positive and encouraging note
- Add those circumstances where the person has gone the extra mile, perhaps put in overtime and whether they were good with multi-tasking
Recommendations can be very powerful and can stand them in good stead for future positions or promotions.
Contact Time Personnel for all your recruitment needs on 021 447 0860