When staff resign, it can make you question your work environment or management style. You think about what could have been done differently in order for the staff member to stay. As an HR Manager or business owner you always need to be in tune with your employees in your company and make sure that their values are in line with yours.
Before you beat yourself up, consider these retention strategies:
- Set up Mentorship Programs – staff want to feel comfortable when speaking in confidence, mentorship programs will help employees to speak freely
- Build in a Reward System – we all want to be recognised for a job well done – ensure that you have a system that does just that
- Encourage a Work – Life Balance – if you see an employee is working too much, assist them with time management, be firm and have them take a break – take the time to understand why they are working so hard
- Offer Training and/or Study benefits – everyone wants to grow and learning is a great way to do that – find out how you can help your staff grow and invest in their future
- Consider remote or flexy work schedules – very often work can be managed from a remote location or off-peak times. See if this can work in your business model
Rehiring staff can be a costly exercise, so above all of this, ensure you hire correctly. And, if you don’t know how, speak to the professionals that do.
For all your recruitment needs, Time Personnel – Reach out today!
For all your recruitment and HR queries, consider Time Personnel.
+27 21 447 0860
HIRE FOR ATTITUDE – TRAIN FOR SKILLS
#timepersonnel #recruitment #jobseekers #recruiting #professionalrecruiter