Chronically absent employees cost you money – that is the truth of it!
And, your first port of call should be working out how to prevent chronic absenteeism.
- Keep accurate records
- Analyse those records regularly and look for patterns that are developing
- Ask the right questions as to why they are absent so often
- Work on ways in which you can help them should the absenteeism be from a non-health related reason
- Check whether it is stress that is causing the frequent time off – and how you can assist in reducing that stress
- Reward those that are attending work regularly and make it a clear reward program so that those who are absent often can be excited by it
And, if you find that no matter what you do, the same employee continues to be absent, leaving the load of work on other’s shoulders which is detrimental to your current staff, you will need to address this with the Labour Law procedures.
There are strict rules to how you should address this if this situation leads to dismissal.
For all your recruitment needs, Time Personnel – Reach out today!
HIRE FOR ATTITUDE – TRAIN FOR SKILLS
#timepersonnel #recruitment #jobseekers #recruiting