Substance abuse does leave an effect on employees which will in turn affect their performance at work, Studies have shown that substance-abusing employees’ function at about two-thirds of their capability and are three times more like to be late for work.
In order to benefit the company and the respective employee you will need to find a way to empower them to be the best version of themselves will benefit both parties involved.
Encouraging a healthy company culture has wide-reaching ripple effects that benefit everyone – consider including the following as you create and implement your substance abuse policy:
- The definition of substance abuse
- The purpose, intention and/or objectives of the policy
- Who is included in the programme?
- Circumstances for drug or alcohol testing
- How to maintain confidentiality when dealing with the issue
- Resources to educate employees on substance abuse
- Training and reporting systems for identifying signs of substance abuse
- Plans for assistance or disciplinary actions for violations
It is not a comfortable or an easy situation to address suspected substance-related abuse issues, but the benefit will protect all parties involved.
Time Personnel offers the best full circle recruitment service.
Contact us regarding your recruitment needs. 021 447 0860
Hire for Attitude and Train for Skills – We set the benchmark for service excellence!