A key to successfully sharing and selling a product, service or idea, is to ASK questions and LISTEN to the answers.
Building win-win relationships means that you need to focus on the other person in line with what your goal is.
The buying process is not about you, what you want and your needs, it is about the customer. Too many people come to the sales table with their own agenda while thinking about quotas, promotions and commissions. It is not about you, it is about the wants, needs and expectations of the prospective buyer.
To succeed in sales, follow this basic guideline when approaching new clients or customers:
- Sincerity: Listen without an agenda, it’s not about your needs.
- Ethics: Do not try to talk someone into something, listen to what they want.
- Ask: Serve others by asking questions that will assist them in making a wise buying decision.
- Oversell: Do not over talk the situation otherwise you sell, buy the product back, sell, buy the product back again and eventually the customer loses interest
- Ethics: Do what is right for everyone involved is the ethical thing to do.
Your role in the sales process is to present your product in a clear, concise and truthful manner with the value of INTEGRITY.
- Your best customer is the customer who can make an educated decision based on what is best for them.
- A loyal customer is an educated customer.
HIRE FOR ATTITUDE – TRAIN FOR SKILLS