Letters of recommendation can be tough to write. You want to give their performance and time with your company due diligence but to find the right words can often escape you.
Follow these simple guidelines to an easy recommendation:
- Refer to their particular job description in preparation – this puts you in a good starting place – knowing exactly what it is that they did
- Think of instances where they performed particularly well and reference those as examples – real life stories always win
- Always use positive language and never write about negative issues or elements – much can be gleaned from things not said
- Find out about the employee’s recognitions over the years – awards, certificates, accolades – mention the circumstances behind them and the work that they put in to achieve them
- Always give it another scan over and end off on a positive and encouraging note
Recommendations can be very powerful and can stand them in good stead for future positions or promotions.
Contact Time Personnel for all your recruitment needs on 021 447 0860